THE RECEPTION OF SACRAMENTS FOR
THE CHURCH OF THE INCARNATION
Children attending Incarnation’s Religious Education on Sunday, or attend Incarnation Catholic School in grade 2, will prepare to receive their First Reconciliation on Saturday, January 18, 2020 at 10:00 am in the Chapel.
There will be a Parent Meeting for Reconciliation on Wednesday, October 16 at 7:00 pm in the Finegan Center. This meeting is for parents only from both Religious Ed and Incarnation School.
First Holy Communion
Children attending Incarnation’s Religious Education on Sunday, or attend Incarnation Catholic School in grade 2, will prepare to receive their First Holy Communion on Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 10:00 am Mass.
There will be a Parent Meeting for First Holy Communion on Monday, February 3, 2020 at 7:00 pm in the Finegan Center. This meeting is for parents only from both Religious Ed and Incarnation School.
A Parent/Child Retreat will take place Monday, March 9, 2020 at 6:30 pm in the Finegan Center. This retreat is for parents and children from both Religious Ed and Incarnation School.
Reception of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion
For Grades 3 – 8
Children in Grades 3 – 8 who would like to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion at Incarnation Parish must:
Attend Religious Education on Sunday morning or attend Incarnation Catholic School.
In addition to Religious Education classes, the student will need to attend Sacramental Preparation Classes once a month, on the first Sunday of the month from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm in the Religious Education Office. These sessions are as follows:
October 6, November 3, December 1, January 5, February 2, March 1, April 5.
Reception of Confirmation
Grades 9 & 10
The Confirmation program is a two-year process usually beginning the fall of the 9th grade year with celebration of the sacrament in the spring of the second year (10th grade). The program contains both student and adult/student learning activities/ sessions.
This goal of the Confirmation program is to help the teens on the path to a relationship with Jesus and His Church through small groups, service, retreats and prayer.
Sacrament of Confirmation Requirements:
- A full year in a Faith Formation program or Catholic school is required prior to participating in the Confirmation process ((please contact Director of Religious Education if this is not the case).
- 9th grade small groups meet 25 times throughout the year.
- 10th grade small groups meet once a month. (September 29, October 27, November 17, December 15, January 19, February 23, March 22, April 19
- Attending a one-day Retreat during the year
- Individual service experiences (at least 2 per year, service experiences need to be approved by the Director of Religious Education).
There will be a Parent Meeting for Confirmation (both 9th and 10th grade) on October 7 at 7PM.